Come visit us at www.rondentist.com

Come visit us at www.rondentist.com

Monday, March 11, 2013

Dental Tourism - So Doctor what do you think?

So Doctor what do you think of my teeth?
A patient asked me that about the dental work he had done on a visit to Eastern Europe.  He was very proud to tell me that they paid for his flight, hotel, vacation and teeth.  But now he wanted validation from me that the work he had done was good.  Well it wasn't!  He may have had a new bright smile from ear to ear but the quality of the work was poor and it was just a question of time before this would fail.
I understand people who want to get a good deal or can't afford the work here but the same rule applies everywhere.  BUYER BEWARE!
Usually there is a reason that dentistry is cheaper in third world countries. 
You need to ask yourself a few questions before you go there.
1.  If I have a problem, can I afford to fly back there for them to fix it and will they charge me?
2.  If I have to fly back there to fix something did I really save anything?
2.  If I can't go back for a fix who will fix it for me at home and at what cost?
Truly, at the end of the day, you get what you pay for.  Most people do understand this since most people go to their own dentist where if there is a problem with the work there is someone standing behind the work ready to make it right.
If you want to take a chance and go for some dental tourism that it is your decision.  We will always be here if you need us.
A very smart man once said " things that are very cheap usually end up very expensive.

All the best
From a dentist enjoying Dentistry in Hamilton Ontario

Dr. Ron Barzilay

www.rondentist.com

1 comment:

  1. Other dental procedures such as teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, crowning and bonding are meant to fix your teeth for aesthetic purposes as well as for better oral health. A simple search on your favourite search engine will reveal a plethora of cosmetic dentists available in your area, making it easy for you to find a professional specializing in the exact procedure you are searching for.

    Alexandria cosmetic dentist

    ReplyDelete