Come visit us at www.rondentist.com

Come visit us at www.rondentist.com

Monday, May 2, 2011

Good times at the Ontario Dental Association annual convention

This past Thursday and Friday, my staff and I spent 2 full days at the Ontario Dental Association (ODA) Annual Convention.

The line up of international lecturers was truly excellent.  The exhibit floor was really quite large with dental suppliers  bring to us the latest in innovations.  It is really quite an impressive affair and I really enjoy going every year.  By the end of the day Friday I was exhausted.  There was another full day of speakers on Saturday (my brother among them) but a previous commitment did not allow me to attend.
At the end of these convention days I am usually more tired than a hard day at the office.  We are on our feet going from booth to booth on the convention floor trying not to miss anything that might be important. (not to mention any convention specials)  The speaker lectures are intense. On Thursday I spent time listening to lectures on paedatric dentistry.  On Friday I spent the day listening to Dr. Joe Massad speak on complete dentures.( joemassad.com )  In December I spent a full day in Tulsa Oaklahoma with Dr. Massad at his teaching facility there and it was a pleasure seeing him again.
All in all it was a great meeting for myself and my staff.  It is at these meetings that we charge our batteries, find out what is new, find out how to do things better and get excited about the innovations that we anticipate taking to our practise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment